What is the most effective, most utilized and least expensive form of digital marketing?
According to a recent survey of digital marketers email was consider the most effective for building brand awareness, the best at boosting awareness and the top digital asset for customer retention. Companies with smaller budgets are especially appreciative of email’s value; small businesses rank email as the most popular tactic for customer acquisition.1
Let’s look at some quick facts – 91% of all US consumers use email daily, 15% of emails are considered spam and approximately 45% of emails are opened on a mobile device.2 Let’s take this a little further. My 83 year old mother has an email account and so does my 17 year old nephew. So it’s fair to say that you can reach a broad range of consumers with email marketing.
Earth shattering? Not really; but good to know nonetheless. More importantly this kind of information helps us to achieve email marketing success for you.
While we are on the subject some experts project a steady decrease in email usage as more people shift to social media or instant messaging apps to communicate what they used to do in an email. That won’t deter businesses as 59% of marketers plan on increasing their email budgets in 2015.3
Why are businesses increasing their investment in a medium that’s in contraction? Well, because it’s inexpensive, it’s track-able and it works.
So how do you make email marketing work for your company?
1. Be relevant; let’s build a mailing list that welcomes your message because you took the time to segment and personalize it … Hell’s half acre is no place for your advertising message.
2. Be timely; the time and day you send out an email message will greatly impact its effectiveness… only business owners like you open their emails after 6pm.
3. Be sensitive to your audience… hammering people with too many email messages will get your recipient searching for the unsubscribe button in no time.
4. Be mobile friendly- responsive design is critical; Google says that 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and even worse, 40% visit a competitor’s site instead.
5. Get professional help; email marketing works – but you need to do it right. Mailing lists need to be created and messages need to be devised so that the recipient is getting an email that they consider valuable.
Advertising can be difficult. We like to make it easier for our clients. ReThinc is committed to being more helpful, more personal and more different than others in our industry. Shoot me an email if you’d like to learn more about what we can do to create a successful email campaign for your business.
1. Gigaom and Extole 2014
2. Forbes.com 2014
3. Salesforce Marketing Report 2015