Marketing has its fair share of complexities. Especially in this day and age when one must fully understand both digital and traditional means of outreach. To be a leading ad agency in Phoenix you must possess a level of expertise in all things marketing including one that is often overlooked by clients who take on their own marketing efforts.
You need to know who your client is.
Understanding your customer is preeminent to creating or engaging in an effective marketing strategy. Today, this goes well beyond the standard metrics of age and gender. It’s best to know as much as you possibly can about your client. This includes where they live, what they do for a living, what they do for fun, and a host of other information.
An additional benefit to generating a highly refined understanding of your core customer is garnered by our creative department who can then design ads that appeal to this person. Ad components as detailed as colorization, movement, and typeface can be influenced by the specific characteristics of the intended recipient.
Please note that getting this information the wrong way will be construed as intrusive. Fortunately, there are proper ways to establish just who your customer is, why they buy your product, and what else that they may do.
If you are a small business, talk with your clients and get an understanding of whom and what they are all about. If you are a large business, talk with your clients and get an understanding of whom and what they are all about. (That’s not a typo)
Beyond that there are more sophisticated steps that you can take that will pull the curtain back on just who shops you:
1. Google Analytics – This tool essentially tells you who’s visiting your website, where they came from, what they did while they were there and much more.
2. Social Media – A robust social media relationship with your clients is easier said than done. I’ll be admittedly self-serving here and state that this is something best left to the experts. It’s a valuable way to understand way more about your customer than ever before.
3. Data Capture – This automated method of garnering information from your client is only as good as the strategy you use to acquire the information. People aren’t super forthcoming about certain aspects of their lives so be smart on how you set this up and execute it.
4. Client Surveys – With proper incentives for the customer and a non-intrusive approach to how you ask, client surveys can get you the detail you seek from a sample group of customers. A simple survey monkey that takes less than 3 minutes to complete is effective; a midterm exam that takes more than 5 minutes is awful.
5. Customer Persona or Buyer Persona – A customer persona is an exercise generally executed by an ad agency that creates a detailed, semi-fictional archetype that represents the key traits of the defined majority of your audiences. These are typically generated from the aforementioned tactics (client surveys, data capture, social media, and Google analytics) and more.
In today’s complicated marketing environment it has become more important than ever to be able to identify your specific customer so that you can deliver relevant ads on the right platform, whether that’s digital or traditional. If you need assistance in finding exactly who your customer is or what they do when they’re not buying your product (or when they’re buying your competitor’s product), call me at 602-284-6722 or email me at email@example.com.